|I Don't Want to Lose!|
|Title||I Don't Want to Lose!|
|Air date||March 15, 2014|
|Manga chapters||156, 157, 158, 159 and 160|
|Episode 48 screenshots|
I Don't Want to Lose (決まってらぁ, Maketakunai!) is the forty-eight episode and the twenty-third episode of the 2nd season of the Kuroko no Basuke anime.
With Murasakibara finally appearing on the offensive side, Seirin is slowly losing hope of having the chance to win against Yosen and move onto the Finals. With the help of the Vice-captain, Fukui, Murasakibara catches the ball and dunks it, causing the hoop to break and collide with the ground, even further diminishing the hope of Seirin. A flashback of the Generation of Miracles' time at Teikou, shows that Murasakibara and Kuroko's fight about their points of view in basetball. Due to their obvious physical differences, they have both traveled down different paths, as said by Aomine during the flashback.
Back to the game, Kuroko marks Murasakibara, thus causing Murasakibara to foul for charging as Kuroko purposely made Murasakibara not notice him, and effectively angering Murasakibara. Due to the fact Kuroko caused Murasakibara's foul, Seirin's spirits were raising and Hyuuga made Barrier Jumper, thus scoring a three-pointer. Seirin then changes into a new formation, which Yosen believes is the normal full-court man-to-man defense. Contrary to their belief, it was found to be a 'Stealth Full-Court Man-to-Man Defense', when Yosen's captain, Okumura had found Kagami to be marking him.
When the third quarter ended, Izuki made a buzzer beater which wasn't counted. During the break, at Seirin's bench, Kiyoshi says he is glad to be with Seirin, making the rest of the team pissed because he hadn't noticed this earlier. Kiyoshi believes that a "We don't support each other because we are a team. We are a team because we support each other". With the final quarter starting, how will the game go, now that Kiyoshi is finally benched? And what is the favor Kiyoshi wants from Riko?
Characters in order of appearance
Manga and Anime Differences
- In one scene, the match between Teikō Junior High vs Shōei Junior High is extended in the anime.
- In one scene, the match with Murasakibara scoring a hundred points is not shown.
- Murasakibara going to the other side of the court is not stated by the public in the anime.
- In one scene, Aomine did not talk about Murasakibara's stamina.
- In one scene, Mursakibara telling Okamura to stop the triple team on Kiyoshi is not mentioned.
- The minor character Taichi is not introduced in Kiyoshi's flashback.
- In the flashback, the miracles are seen though it is only their backs. It was not shown in the manga.
- In the anime, Murasakibara kicked the bench while in the manga, he kicked the chairs.